SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Stupell Industries Home Black and Grey Paper Georgia State Silhouette Framed Giclee Texturized Art, Multi-color Marbled tvrztr2486-New toy
- Zine Osamu Tezuka Manga Complete Works of TV characters pack B
- Trademark Fine Art 1X09989-C1414GG Container Tetris by Luc Vangindertael (Lagrange), 14x14, Multiple
- DIY Oil Painting Paint by Number Kit for Adult Kids - Painted,Merry Christmas Snowman and Cardinal,16X20 Inch
- color03 60 x62 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Cat,Silhouette of a Kitten Monochrome Feline Pattern House Pet Illustration Halloween, Black White Comfortable Soft Material,give You Great Sleep 50 x60
- Stratton Home Décor S02384 Kitchen canvas Wall Art
- Binory Cute Rabbit Walking Pet Electric Toy Soft Gift Plush Rabbit for Kids Educational Toy Interesting Plush Toys(Khaki)
- Formfutura 1.75mm HDglass See Through Green 3D Printer Filament
- 2015 Products 1 200 Model Street Lights White Light LED,Model lamppost in The Height of 5.5cm
- Generic PGYTECH Gopro 5 GoPro Hero 5 Lens Filter gold Edge Series (ND CPL Discoloration Diving ) ND4 8 16 32 CPL
- Elastic Sofa Bed Covers for Living Room Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Sofa Bed Cover Cotton Strech Slipcover colour19, 160cm to 200cm
- Lego Friends Olivia's Garden Pool 41090
- Intellectual three-dimensional puzzle game cast ring (japan import)
- CleverDelights Rolo Chain Roll - 330 Feet - Antique Bronze color - 3x4mm Link - 100M 100Yard - Necklace Jewelry Making Chains - Bulk Oval Chain Spool
- CNC Front and Rear Support Beam kit fit rovan LT losi 5ive-T Parts Black
- Toynk Dark Horse Comics - Tim Burton PVC Figure Set 3 Oyster Boy 10 cm
- Stan Wawrinka Signed 16x12 Framed Photo Display Tennis Autograph Memorabilia COA
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn